Please Note: There is a known issue for some Android phones: when motion is detected or when the doorbell button is pressed, notifications will work for Android phones, but there will be no audible or vibration alert on some models. We are actively working on this issue. Thank you for your patience.
1. How do I submit a ticket for technical support?
Please submit a question by clicking on the green "Help" pop-up on the corner of the page if the FAQs does not cover the issues your doorbell has. Include the smartphone model, iOS or Android OS version and carrier (AT&T, Verizon, ...) in your description. Thank you for your patience.
2. How do I download the app?
You can use a QR code scanner to scan the QR code on the packaging to download the app. Alternatively, search "Xlive" in the App Store or in Google Play. Below are the download links:
iOS app download link on App Store:
Android app download link on Google play:
3. How do I perform a pre-installation check?
A. Doorbell Chime
B. Wi-Fi Router
With an option: 2.4 Ghz B/G/N
Before you set up the doorbell, switch your smartphone's Wi-Fi to 2.4 Ghz band. After successfully setting it up, your phone can connect to either 2.4G or 5G band (suppose your router has both).
4. How do I reset the doorbell?
If you encounter any issues during the registration process, you can reset the doorbell and restart the registration.
With power applied, press and hold the oval black button's upper part on the back of the doorbell for 6 seconds. Xlive will reboot. When you hear "Xlive is ready for setup, please ..." and see "Xlive" hotspot on the Wi-Fi screen, then the reset was successful.
If this does not work, then disconnect the wires from the doorbell, wait for 30 seconds, and reconnect the wires.
If you already installed the doorbell and it stopped ringing or responding, you can disconnect the 2 red wires on the chime. Wait 1-2 minutes and then reconnect them. This procedure will shut down the doorbell's power supply and reestablish power to the doorbell. After this, you can test the doorbell in the app. Additionally, you can reboot the doorbell by pressing the rewind arrow at the top right corner of the app.
5. I already registered an account in the app. Do I need to register an account again after resetting the doorbell?
The account you've registered is on the cloud server and is ready to store your recorded video. If you reset your doorbell later on and try to re-setup the doorbell, you can still enter the email and password that you entered during your first time sign-up and select "Sign in". Once signed in, add the new doorbell to your account (+ sign). There is no need to register a new account.
6. Why does the doorbell show that it was already connected?
The doorbell was tested in factories before being shipped. You must reset the doorbell to erase the test information and then register your device to set up a new account.
7. I can't find the Xlive hotspot on my phone's Wi-Fi screen.
If "Xlive" does not show up on the Wi-Fi screen, then you can try to reset the doorbell. The reason for it not showing up is because the doorbell was tested in factories. Note: also check if your smartphone is connected to the 2.4 ghz broadband option of your router.
8. How do I enable sounds and notifications?
Customize the buttons located at the bottom section of the app. Go to the Settings menu on your smartphone and enable the microphone, speaker, cellular data and notifications, and sounds for Xlivepro (Xlive video doorbell, Android) app.
9. How do I live-view the front door?
Tap the "Live View" button on the app control panel.
10. How do I exit the "Live View" screen?
Use the back button on your smartphone or press the red phone icon on the app screen.
11. When should I adjust motion sensitivity?
You can adjust motion sensitivity in the app according to the wind speed in your area. If you frequently receive the push notification when winds are strong, then lower motion sensitivity in the motion alert settings. You will not miss any doorbell rings by adjusting motion sensitivity. Make sure you did not switch off the motion alert if you want this functionality. Recording will begin upon detecting motion, whether or not someone rang your doorbell.
12. Where is the installation video?
Please familiarize yourself with the installation guide video.
13. How do I turn off notifications?
If you do not want to receive notifications, go to the Settings menu on your phone to switch off notifications for Xlivepro (Xlive video doorbell, Android) app or switch off motion alert in the app.
14. Why don't I receive motion detection notifications every time someone rings my doorbell?
When motion is detected, Xlive will start to record video and send notifications to the user. Per design, there is no notification for pressing the doorbell button at this moment. You can live-view the front door. After live-viewing, someone pressing the button will trigger the notification again.
15. I don't hear a 'ding-dong' from my doorbell after pressing its button and still receive notifications. What do I do?
If your chime stops ringing, disconnect the 2 wires by loosing the screws on the chime for 2 minutes and then re-connect them. Press the doorbell button again to test it.
16. When doing the Xlive setup, I think I entered my router password correctly, but I didn't hear "Wi-Fi connected, Xlive is now ready for use". Why?
When typing your username or password on iPhones and on some Android phones, the phone will display recommended words. If you select that word, a space character will be automatically added to the end. Xlive thinks the added space character is a part of your username or password. Please double-check and remove it if you cannot log in. We will auto-trim the space in the next app update.
17. How do I set up and control the smart light bulb?
1. Insert the smart bulb lightly but firmly into the socket. Please note that the socket should be near the front door. The connection between light bulb and socket is Bluetooth based, so the distance between them must be 15-20 feet.
2. Restore power. Once the bulb is in, turn the power back on and switch on the light.
3. From app control panel, customize the bulb by selecting Details | Lights | turn on/off the light and change its colors
18. Do you have an example picture for wiring the power kit?
Below is an example picture. For more details, please refer to the user manual of "Power kit installation guide".
There is no specific order for connecting the 2 red wires to the 2 screws, and there is no specific order for connecting the 2 black wires to the 2 holes on the white power kit box.
17. How do I power up the Xlive garage door controller with a wall power adapter?
18. My doorbell was working fine, but now I don't see the blue light on and can't hear it ring? Can I reboot the device?
If you are experiencing malfunctions, you don't need to unmount the device and press the hard reset button. Instead, press the reboot button located on the top-right corner. The reboot button makes Xlive reboot its firmware. It's just like restarting your computer. Rebooting didn't change the software and firmware. Reboots can fix minor malfunctioning like the indoor chime not ringing and the blue light not lighting up when someone presses the doorbell button.
19. How do I enable notifications?
How to enable notifications and permissions on iOS and Android devices: